I feel good.
Gilda Gram (A Girl's Guide to Dating Guys): If he cared, he'd still be here.
I haven't said this in awhile... but yes, I feel good. I've been living life more open and appreciative than I ever have before. I've been going out, yet staying in. I go out and have fun with friends or just simply time for myself. I stay in when I can to give my parents company. I enjoy it a lot actually. I've set aside my fear with my Dad and he's been nice to me ever since he came back from Vietnam. Now instead of "Mom, how do I tell Dad I wanna... blah blah", I just tell him myself. "Hey Daddy, I'm gonna go out to do blah blah." May sound weird, but I feel so much confidence in myself with everything now. I mean, you live once right? Sometimes you do things one day that you won't get the chance to do ever again. Sounds pretty pathetic to some, but honestly... I doubt you'll ever get a repeat of the same "fun" or "un-fun" day in your life... as in do the same exact thing with the same exact people, seeing the exact same scenary around you, etc.
I've learned to depend solely on myself. I've learned to keep my head up in the world I live in. Though yes, I may be down and upset sometimes... it doesn't take away from the potential I see in myself to pull through. I'm not going to lie, my heart's still taking it's time to mend from the relationship... but it's not preventing me from living my life. I'm keeping up with school, pushing myself, trying to not go to work thinking it's a drag, spending more time with my family and sharing more of myself with them, I'm catching up with many friends, made new ones... and all in all, I feel pretty content.
Though I've pretty much lost grasp of something/someone that meant so incredibly much to me... I'm living life for me.
I'm going somewhere in life. I have my direction. I have my confidence and I believe. I believe in myself.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home